Barbados Custom Regulations
After shipment has docked at the port, its essential that you have your Passport when clearing your car.
- Cutomers should ensure that they are present at the port to clear vehicles
- Personal effects and household materials will be exempted from import duty and tax free as long as they have been owned and used for at least 12 months before importation.
- Firearms are subject to high import duty and require special Import Permit
- All materials that fall under "Barbados Miscellaneous Control Act" (e.g. Car vehicles, new furniture, etc.) need Import Licenses
- Meat imported into Barbados will be subject to a health certificate and must be inspected by the Port Health Authority
- Plants must be inspected by plant quarantine office before being imported into Barbados
Subject to duty and motor vehicle tax and requires an Import Permit from the Ministry of External Affairs, Barbados
- Owners log book
- Insurance policy
- Commercial invoice
- Import License
- Duty and tax rate
- Basic rates of duty range from 5% - 40% of CIF Bridgetown value
- Value Added Tax is 15%
- Jewelry, clocks and watches are subject to duty and tax
Disclaimer: Customs regulations are subject to changes. The information above is a concise summary of customs regulations which is effected on household goods & vehicle shipment to this destination and is being provided as guidance to assist our clients.Because these regulations are subject to change without notice, Fastlane Car Shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other outcomes resulting from non - conformity. Always double check with your local embassy or custom authorities.