Import Regulations in Belize
Customs Bond of 33.38% value of the goods, often determined by the insured amount of the goods, (Should the duty and customs fees be less than the deposit, the difference will be refunded to the customer. Accordingly, if the duties and fees are more than the deposit, the difference will be billed to the customer.) Letter authorizing Destination Agent to clear shipment
- Customers are advised to be at the port during clearance
- Used clothing is duty - free
- New items subject to duties (invoices required)
- Alcohol and tobacco products
- Fruits, vegetables and soil require an Import Permit and are subject to inspection upon arrival by the Dept. of Agriculture, Fisheries and Parks. Those failing agriculture inspection will be destroyed.
- Weapons of all types, including: flick knives, blowguns, spear guns, crossbows, etc., will be confiscated
- Narcotic drugs
- Firearms and ammunition (must be accompanied by a permit signed by the commissioner of police)
- Explosives (including pyrotechnics of any sort)
- Gold or silver coins
- Pornographic material
- Political literature
- No car over six months old from uk is permitted to be imported
- Motorcycles over 100 cc are prohibited
- Automobiles are restricted as to size and engine capacity
- Duty applies on cars shipped to Belize
- License from the Transport Control Department is required
LIQUOR AND TOBACCO
Duties will be assessed against Belize Customs Tariff.
Any person may import duty free up to 200 cigarettes and 50 cigars, plus 1.137 liters of spirits and 1.137 liters of wine.
Used clothing and books are duty free
Appliances 33.4% of customs assessed value
Furniture and sporting goods 22.25% of customs value
Antiques 8.5% of customs value
It is important for any person while shipping a car to Belize to realize the rules and regulations in Belize for carrying out the shipping process i.e. there are some shipping restrictions which you have to familiarize yourself with before proceeding with the shipment. Knowing the rules and regulations while shipping a car to Belize would enable the shipping process to be completed with atmost safety and ease of mind. The port of entry of shipped cars in Belize is normally Puerto Aguirre.
Disclaimer: Customs regulations are subject to changes. The information above is a concise summary of customs Import Regulations which is effected on personal items & car shipment to this destination and is being provided as guidance to assist our clients.Because these regulations are subject to change without notice, Fastlane Car Shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other outcomes resulting from non - conformity. Always double check with your local embassy or custom authorities.