Import Custom Regulations in Finland
Car may be imported duty - free if owned and used abroad for a minimum period of six months and customer would qualify for duty - free import on household goods. Duty free value is limited to $34,000 If the value of the car exceeds this amount the exceeding value is dutiable. Customs determines the customs value.
- Cannot be sold or otherwise used by others for two years without full payment of all duties and taxes
- If vehicle does not qualify for exemption, import taxes will be 50 - 60% of the retail price of a similar new vehicle in Finland
- Duties levied will also depend on the amount and type of accessories and equipment on the vehicle
- Must comply with the U.S. or European exhaust regulation
- Purchase - deed and receipts of payment
- Registration documents
- Employment Certificate proving auto bought with earnings from abroad
- Finnish insurance policy
- Foreign insurance policy
- Driver's License
- All documents have to be originals
Disclaimer: Customs regulations are subject to changes. The information above is a concise summary of customs Import Regulations which is effected on personal items & vehicle shipment to this destination and is being provided as guidance to assist our clients.Because these regulations are subject to change without notice, Fastlane Car Shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other outcomes resulting from non - conformity. Always double check with your local embassy or custom authorities.