Shipping to India
- Vehicles have to be under 3 years.
- Vehicles have to be Right Hand Drive.
- Importers can do import clearance only at Mumbai Port.
- Vehicles need to be inspected by Japan Auto Appraisal Institute (JAAI).
Import shipments of Household goods/personal effects
- As per Indian customs rules resident / tourist can avail duty free concession for import of personal effects upto a value of INR 25000.Goods in excess of INR 25000 will attract customs duty @ 40.87% on customs assessable value.
- Person returning on a Bona fide transfer of residence (TR) to India after stay abroad for not less than two year can import USED personal Household effects free of duty subject to condition that the person:
- Has not made short visits to India, exceeding 6 months stay, during preceding 2 years.
- Has not availed TR (Transfer of residence) concession in the preceding three years.
Disclaimer: Customs regulations are subject to changes. The information above is a concise summary of customs Import Regulations which is effected on vehicle shipment to this destination and is being provided as guidance to assist our clients.Because these regulations are subject to change without notice, Fastlane Car Shipping UK cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other outcomes resulting from non - conformity. Always double check with your local embassy or custom authorities.