Import Custom Regulations in Ireland
Vehicles / trailers may be imported duty - free into Ireland if owned six months before importation.
Cars may not be sold, lent out or disposed of within twelve months of importation into Ireland.
- Registration book
- Customs Form 1076
- Original vehicle documents showing owner's name, engine and chassis number
- Purchase Invoice
- Insurance Certificate (most recent and one dated more than 6 months ago)
Ireland Customs regulations
- All shipments must be inspected by Customs upon entry into Ireland
- Used household goods, personal effects and tools/instruments of trade/profession can be imported duty - free into Ireland if owned abroad for at least six months, are not for resale within twelve months of importation and are imported within twelve months before or after the date of transfer of residence (six months before or twelve months after for those coming from outside the EC).
- If arriving from outside EC, customer must have been abroad for twelve continuous months
Restricted items in Ireland
- New items (less than six months old)
- Alcohol and tobacco products
- Gold and silver (Statutory Declaration required)
Disclaimer: Customs regulations for Ireland are subject to changes. The information above is a concise summary of customs regulations which is effected on household goods shipment to this destination and is being provided as guidance to assist our clients.Because these regulations are subject to change without notice, Fastlane Car Shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other outcomes resulting from non - conformity. Always double check with your local embassy or custom authorities.