Car Import Regulations in Tanzania
- Customer has to be available during clearance at the port
- All shipments must arrive no later than six months after the customer - Shipments are slightly inspected
- Import Declaration Form (IDF) is applicable on all imports to Tanzania irrespective of value.
- There is no age limit in importation of used vehicles into Tanzania. - All Cars/vehicles must undergo ‘roadworthiness’ inspection before shipping.
- A certificate to that effect must be issued. In case of UK, JEVIC does this.
- Imports whose FOB (Freight on Board) value is US $5,000 (approx.) and above must undergo a pre - shipment inspection by a company contracted by the Government of Tanzania.
- New vehicles are dutiable
- Original Registration Card and declaration of value must be shown (declared)