Import Custom Regulations Trinidad & Tobago
Customer has to be present at the port during clearance - Used household goods are duty - free if they have been owned for a minimum of 1yr (receipts and other documents required to show period of ownership)
- Shipments must arrive within two months of Customer
- All Cargo will be inspected at container examination station
- A ten percent tax applicable to returning nationals
New items (less than one year old).
Import Duty is calculated on the Cost Insurance and Freight (CIF) value of the commodity while Import VAT is calculated on the duty - inclusive value of the goods.
- Subject to duty, VAT and tax
- Import License and proof of ownership required
- May not sell or transfer vehicle within a period of two years after importation
- Customer must have owned vehicle for a minimum of six months prior to return to Trinidad & Tobago
- Customer must have resided abroad for a minimum of five years
- Invoices (for proof of age)