Jamaica import Custom Regulations
A returning resident can import two new or used cars (one commercial and one personal) in any three year period
Used cars cannot be more than four years old
Customer will require a customs broker
- Import License must be obtained before car is shipped to jamaica
- Driver's license (Customer can drive in Jamaica for one year before a Jamaican license is required)
- Insurance Certificate
- Certificate of Title or registration documents
- Vehicles require invoice detailing the model, accessories and CIF value.
- Tax Compliance Certificate
It is important for any person when shipping a car to Jamaica to realize the rules and regulations in jamaica for carrying out the shipping process i.e. there are some shipping restrictions which you have to familiarize yourself with before proceeding with the shipment. Knowing the rules and regulations while shipping a car to jamaica would enable the shipping process to be completed with utmost safety and ease of mind. The port of entry of shipped cars in jamaica is normally Kingston.
Disclaimer: Customs regulations are subject to changes. The information above is a concise summary of customs Import Regulations which is effected on vehicle shipment to this destination and is being provided as guidance to assist our clients.Because these regulations are subject to change without notice, Fastlane Car Shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other outcomes resulting from non - conformity. Always double check with your local embassy or custom authorities