Car Shipping to New Zealand
- Motor vehicles are subject to duty and G.S.T.
- There is a concession which allows motor vehicles (including motorcycles and motor scooters) to be imported free of duty and G.S.T.
- This is not available to returning New Zealand residents unless they have personally owned and used the vehicle on or before 21 June 1979.
In order to qualify for this concession you must be able to comply on all the following requirements:
- You must arrive and forthwith take up permanent residence in New Zealand for the first time. - You must have personally used the vehicle for at least one year before your date of departure for New Zealand or the date of its shipment whichever is the earlier.
- You must be importing the vehicle for your own personal use and not for sale, gift or personal disposal in any other way.
- You must be prepared to give a written undertaking that if you sell or dispose of the vehicle within two years of the date of its importation, you will pay an amount equal to the duty and G.S.T. which would otherwise be payable.
Disclaimer: Customs regulations are subject to changes. The information above is a concise summary of import / export Custom Regulations which is effected on household goods shipment to this destination and is being provided as guidance to assist our clients.Because these regulations are subject to change without notice, Fastlane Shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other outcomes resulting from non - conformity. Always double check with your local embassy or custom authorities.