Car Import Regulations in South Africa
- Must have been out of the country for a period of atleast 6 months to be exempted from duty of Personal items, unless the items have been exported from South africa previously.
Importation of vehicles in South Africa:
- Import permit required by citizens returning after 1yr (must), proof that car was owned and used while overseas for the same period.
- Duty is 38% and luxury tax is approximately 5% and VAT is 14% of (Value plus 10% plus all duties). Total duty is approximately 60% of the value.
- Returning citizens who declared they will not be returning to south africa previously will pay VAT and some discount is given for import duties, this will apply to 1st time immigrants as well looking to stay permanently.
Ducuments required during importation:
- Overseas registration papers
- Proof of Value of vehicle
- SABS(south african bureau of standards) approval certificate(Letter of Authority). Costs R1,880
- Import permit
For Rates for Shipping to South Africa - Click here to contact us or, call 08445790994
It is important for any person while shipping a car to South africa to realize the rules and regulations in South africa for carrying out the shipping process i.e. there are some shipping restrictions which you have to familiarize yourself with before proceeding with the shipment. Knowing the rules and regulations while shipping a car to South africa would enable the shipping process to be completed with atmost safety and ease of mind. The port of entry of shipped cars in South africa is normally Durban.
Disclaimer: Customs regulations are subject to changes. The information above is a concise summary of customs regulations which is effected on household goods & vehicle shipment to this destination and is being provided as guidance to assist our clients.Because these regulations are subject to change without notice, Anon Car Shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other outcomes resulting from non - conformity. Always double check with your local embassy or custom authorities.